Thursday, July 30, 2009

Staph





Today, my thoughts were confirmed at the Ur*gent Care. I have a staph infection. That wasn't really a surprise to me... I had a small bite looking thing on my neck on Monday, which turned red and hurt very bad. Then over the past few days, it has grown and formed a ring type thing around it... the symptoms matched up and I know that I was exposed in China. You see, I fell in LOVE with this precious little girl named "Ling Ling" while we were there. I am in tears even telling you about her... her sweet spirit, her spunk, her joy! My heart was in two as I held her on the last day, hugging her and whispering "wo ai ne" in her sweet little ears. Ling Ling had a staph infection, something that we discovered a few days into the trip. I knew she had it and I also knew that there was a chance I could get it... but what was I going to do? Not hold her or love on her because of it? That is not fair for her. So I did and even now, laying in my bed, my neck throbbing, I wouldn't trade that for the world. I was telling a friend about my staph infection and she asked how I got it. I explained that a little girl at the orphanage who I had definitely been close in contact to had one, and so I probably got it from her. She asked me why I was so close to her if I knew she had a staph infection... Even if I knew the pain that was to come, I wouldn't have changed a thing about my time with sweet Ling Ling. I hate that she has this intense pain spread out on her sweet little arms and legs. I hate that she had no Daddy to take her to the dr. like I did. I hate that she has no antibiotics that make it better in 3 days. Yet, despite the fact that she had the infection in a few different spots on her, she was constantly JOYFUL. She wasn't complaining of the pain, like I am. No.. instead, she was running around with a huge smile on her face... just thankful that she had people to love on her.

So I ask you to pray for my sweet little Ling Ling. That her infection would get better... and that some day, she WOULD have a Daddy to kiss her boo boos and bring her to the dr. to make her all better, although we know that it is her HEAVENLY dr. that truly heals every wound.

In a very strange way, I am almost thankful that God has let me experience the pain that she had while we were with her... a constant reminder of where I left my heart. And so with every throb that the infection brings, I will remember my precious Ling Ling... I so wish I could be with her, loving on her, and making the hurt go away.

Oh and for those of y'all wondering, YES I am going to journal all about the trip. I have just needed some time to get back to reality. Don't worry though... you're going to hear more than you ever wanted to about my AMAZING trip!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Emily! What a positive attitude you are taking about this! I'll be praying for a quick recovery both for you and for sweet little Ling Ling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,

    Praying for your quick recovery. Your love for the orphan really amazes me. God bless you.

    Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and waiting for Eli

    ReplyDelete